Anna Hulda Ólafsdóttir from the Reykjavík Weightlifting Club was the female winner of the competition. She broke the records in women's 58 kg (128 lbs) weight class in both snatch and total for both lifts. She snatched 68 kg (150 lbs) and her total weight was 154 kg (340 lbs). Hrannar Guðmundsson broke the Icelandic records in men's 77 kg (170 lbs) weight class in snatch (113 kg, 249 lbs), clean&jerk (144 kg, 317 lbs) and total weight (257kg, 567 lbs).
In the RIG competition, weight class does not come into play, as contestants get points according to the international Sinclair standard, that makes it possible to compare different weight classes.
The men's results:
- Mark Kollin Cockrell (USA) Snatch: 143 kg, Clean&Jerk: 188 kg, Total: 331 kg Body Weight: 109.4 kg - Sinclair points: 356.78
- Gísli Kristjánsson (Iceland) - Snatch: 150 kg, Clean&Jerk: 175 kg, Total: 325 kg Body Weight: 111.5 kg - Sinclair points: 348.22
- Yngve Apneseth (Norway) - Snatch: 120 kg, Clean&Jerk: 152 kg, Total: 272 kg Body Weight: 83.3 kg - Sinclair points: 328.37
The women's results:
- Anna Hulda Ólafsdóttir (Iceland) - Snatch: 68 kg, Clean&Jerk: 86 kg, Total: 154 kg Body Weight: 57.6 kg - Sinclair points: 217.9
- Þuríður Erla Helgadóttir (Iceland) - Snatch: 63 kg, Clean&Jerk: 83 kg, Total: 146 kg Body Weight: 57.3 kg - Sinclair points: 207.4
- Hjördís Ósk Óskarsdóttir (Iceland) - Snatch: 63 kg, Clean&Jerk: 82 kg, Total: 145 kg Body Weight: 62.1 kg - Sinclair points: 194.6
Anna Hulda and Gísli Kristjánsson were both elected weightlifters of the year 2012 in Iceland.