In December 2013, overnight stays in hotels were 117,100 compared to 89,200 in December 2012. Nights spent by foreign tourists accounted for 84% of the total number of overnight stays in December and increased by 43% compared with December 2012. At the same time the overnight stays of Icelanders decreased by 5%.
Nights spent in hotels increased by 14% for the year 2013
For the year 2013 the total number of guest nights was 2,047,022 and increased by 14% compared with the year 2012. Nights spent by foreign visitors increased by 15% while national guest nights increased by 10%.
- Monthly regular salaries were 436 thousand ISK in the year 2013
- Icelanders keep moving to Norway
- Total number of overnight stays increased by 15% in 2013
- Overnight stays in hotels increased by 13% in February 2014
- The surplus of the balance of trade in goods was ISK 11,200 million in the first two months of 2014