The total number of overnight stays was 4.3 million in the year 2013, which is 15% increase compared with the year 2012. Nights spent by foreign tourists accounted for 79% of the total number of overnight stays in 2013 and increased by 17% compared with previous year. At the same time overnight stays of Icelanders increased by 8%. From 2012 to 2013 the number of overnight stays increased in all types of accommodation establishments.
Most overnight stays in 2013 were spent by tourists from Germany, Britain and USA.
Source: Statistics Iceland
- Monthly regular salaries were 436 thousand ISK in the year 2013
- Icelanders keep moving to Norway
- Overnight stays in hotels increased by 13% in February 2014
- The surplus of the balance of trade in goods was ISK 11,200 million in the first two months of 2014
- Turnover in accommodation and food service activities increased by 17.1% in 2013