Tonight, in Reykjavik, the film Noah will have a premier in the cinema and later in the evening there will be a big concert in Harpa Concert Hall, where musicians will perform in support for conservation of Icelandic nature.
The concert is called "Stopp - Let's Protect the Park" and it is a common project by Darren Aronofsky, Björk, The Icelandic Nature Conservation Association and Icelandic Environment Association. The artists who will perform at the concert are the Highlands, Patti Smith, Of Monsters and Men, Samaris, Retro Stefson, Björk, Mammút and Lykke Li.
The film Noah was shot in Iceland in the summer of 2012 and the producers took great care not to cause any damage to the nature of Iceland. All artists will donate their work and the net income will be donated to INCA and The Icelandic Environment Association.
Please donate to Icelandic Nature: Identity number. 640971-0459 Bank: 0301-26-302792
35,000,000 ISK have already been collected, or around €220,000.
- Bryan Adams to participate in Gay Pride Parade in Iceland tomorrow
- Björk Exhibition to Be Held at Museum of Modern Art
- Toronto Symphony Orchestra performs in Iceland this summer
- Nature-Pass for travelers implemented on Jan 1st, 2015
- Harpa Concert Hall in Reykjavik one of the most beautiful in the world