The first semifinal Eurovision Song Contest takes place tonight and Iceland competes. The second semifinal takes place this Thursday and the final on Saturday. The Wi Wi Bloggs website selected Eurovision Opening Ceremony - Red Carpet Winners and Losers. The Icelandic Eurovision band Pollapönk ranked number one on the list.
The Icelandic Eurovision band Pollapönk showed up on the red carpet in dresses in their uniform colors. They continue to send a clear message to the world: No Prejudice.
This is what the website wrote about the Icelandic boys:
1. Iceland — Statement of the night. Fashion isn’t always connected to beauty, and sometimes it takes strength to know that you can best stand out by covering up. We applaud Pollapunk for translating their attire into a statement — for recognising women around the world, and for preserving all colours of the rainbow. You guys ain’t pretty, but your message sure is.
- Iceland finished 15th in Eurovision - VIDEO
- MP performs for Iceland in Eurovision Song Contest Finals - VIDEO
- Iceland's Eurovision contribution is 'completely annoying'
- Iceland's Contribution in the Eurovision Song Contest 2014 - Official VIDEO
- Icelanders might send a member of parliament to perform at Eurovision 2014