The Nordic Olympic Weightlifting Championship is ongoing in Vigrestad, Norway. Three Icelandic girls just finished competing, one with a first place and another one with a 102 clean&jerk.
Anna Hulda Ólafsdóttir became the Nordic Olympic Weightlifting Champion in the -58kg weight class. She got 90 kg in the clean&jerk and 76 kg in the snatch. She also set a new Icelandic record six times. Anna Hulda's bodyweight today was 57.1 kg, after losing around 6 kg in the last couple of weeks.
First Icelandic woman to clean&jerk over 100kg
Björk Óðinsdóttir got 3rd place in the -63 kg weight class, where she was the first Icelandic woman ever to clean&jerk over 100kg, but she c&j'ed 102 kg and set a new Icelandic record in her weight class.
Þuríður Erla Helgadóttir received 4th place in the -63 kg weight class after a tough competition.
The same girls recently did extremely well at the European CrossFit Regionals in Denmark. Read more here.
Other Icelandic results from the Nordic Olympic Weightlifting Championship will be posted later, but a total of seven Icelanders will compete in Norway.
- Icelandic Weightlifters of the Year
- 9 Icelandic records and 5 podium finishes at the Nordic Olympic Weightlifting Championship
- Epic Icelandic Success at European CrossFit Regionals - PHOTOS and VIDEOS
- Icelandic girl became Bench Press World Champion
- The first Icelandic woman competing in the European Weightlifting Championships